CHINA – Dry Bulk PSC Analytics (2015-2019)
China is a key player in world shipping industry. As it is the most populated country, it imports/exports a great number of shipped dry cargoes. This analysis includes only bulk carrier / general cargo shipped loads.
Inspections data – Dry bulk cargo (2015-2019)
Most challenging ports – Dry Bulk cargo
Top 10 PSC detainable deficiency areas
Age group analytics
Deficiencies per inspection (DPI)
Detention rate (DER)
- China’s ports are in general stricter (deficiencies & detentions) compared to rest of the Tokyo MoU and Global.
- The majority of inspections has been conducted to relevant young ships (below the age of 10 years)
- Almost 85% of inspections are ending with at least one deficiency.
- Fire Safety is the most detainable deficiency area, followed by Pollution Prevention and LSA.
- Dry bulk operators should be prepared for detailed inspections and strict PSC authorities.
RISK4SEA is an online platform to provide PSC performance transparency to the market by analysing PSC Data. The platform is providing KPI, Demographics, Detentions Analytics, reports, Benchmarks and Insights for 23 ship type groups in an advanced analysis of the last 5 years aiming to assist stakeholders to PREPARE for forthcoming PSC inspections, ANALYSE PSC performance to identify strengths & weaknesses and BENCHMARK fleets against competition and the industry. Learn more at www.risk4sea.com