CHINA – Dry Bulk PSC Analytics (2015-2019)
China is a key player in world shipping industry. As it is the most populated country, it imports/exports a great number of shipped dry cargoes. This analysis includes only bulk carrier / general cargo shipped loads.
Inspections data – Dry bulk cargo (2015-2019)
Most challenging ports – Dry Bulk cargo
Top 10 PSC detainable deficiency areas
Age group analytics
Deficiencies per inspection (DPI)
Detention rate (DER)
- China’s ports are in general stricter (deficiencies & detentions) compared to rest of the Tokyo MoU and Global.
- The majority of inspections has been conducted to relevant young ships (below the age of 10 years)
- Almost 85% of inspections are ending with at least one deficiency.
- Fire Safety is the most detainable deficiency area, followed by Pollution Prevention and LSA.
- Dry bulk operators should be prepared for detailed inspections and strict PSC authorities.